City of Wickliffe
Website Privacy Statement
Most of the information accessible on the City's website does not require you to identify yourself at all and has been designed to be accessed anonymously. However, the City of Wickliffe does collect personal information about you when you choose to provide it. We endeavour to collect only as much personal information as is absolutely necessary to assist you in conducting business or query with the City via the website.
The City of Wickliffe endeavours to provide you with multiple service "channels" for conducting City business (e.g. walk-in, mail-in, fax-in, phone-in, etc.) in addition to the Web. If at any time you have concerns about using the Web channel to conduct your City business, you can rest assured that we will always provide you with an alternative (traditional) service channel as an option.
Purposes for Which We Collect Personal Information
We may collect and retain personal information for the following purposes:
- To process your requests for services, products or further information
- To communicate with you regarding services or products that you have requested - for example to send you a statement or a receipt
- To identify you if you have a query or concern about the service or product that you have requested
- To advise you about changes to our web service offerings and of service interruptions
- To meet legal and regulatory requirements
- Correcting or updating personal information
If your personal information changes (eg. name, address, postal code, telephone number, etc.), or you no longer desire our services, we will endeavour to provide a way to correct, update or remove this information. Details of how to do this are usually provided on the web page where the information is collected or displayed.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
The City of Wickliffe is the sole owner of the information collected on its site. We do not use or retain personal information that you provide to us for any secondary purposes unless we clearly notify you and gain your permission first. We will not sell, share, rent or otherwise disclose your personal information to any organization or individual outside the City of Wickliffe unless we first notify you and ask your permission. The exceptions to this policy of non-disclosure are stated below.
The City may disclose your personal information:
- To companies contracted to process your requests
- For law enforcement purposes
- For the purpose of acting in an emergency or in compassionate circumstances to facilitate contact with your next of kin or friend if you become injured or take ill.
- We use IP addresses to analyze trends, administer the site, track clients' movements, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
- We may occasionally report aggregated demographic information in the form of reports and statistics but this is not linked to any personal information that can be used to identify any individual person.
Some of the City's sub-systems may require the use of "cookies". For example, when you purchase goods or services over the Internet, a cookie file is placed on your computer to save the contents of your "shopping basket" as you proceed from one screen to another. The City uses "per-session" cookies only. Per-session cookies are small files that are temporarily stored in your computer's memory and are deleted when you leave the City's web site.
From time to time, our site may request information from you via surveys. Participation in these surveys is completely voluntary and you have a choice of whether or not to disclose the information requested. Survey information will be used solely for the purposes of monitoring and/or improving the use and satisfaction of this site. If you choose not to participate in surveys, you will still be able to use our site or request services or products from us.
Protection of Personal Information
The City of Wickliffe takes every precaution to protect your personal information on the Internet.
If you have any questions or concerns about the security at our website, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If we decide to change our privacy statement, we will post those changes on the City's home page so that you are always aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under which circumstances, if any, we disclose it.
Links to Other Websites
The City's website contains links to other sites (eg. community links, business links, etc.). Please be aware that the City of Wickliffe cannot be held responsible for the privacy practices of other sites. When you leave our site, we encourage you to read the privacy statement of each and every website that you visit before you provide any personal information. The City's privacy statement applies solely to information collected on the City's website.