How do I get an impounded vehicle released?

If your vehicle was impounded by police (meaning it was towed by law and not by your request) you will need to obtain a “tow release” from the police department.

  1. The owner of the vehicle must pick up the tow release.
  2. Tow releases are obtained at the Wickliffe Police Department, 28730 Ridge Road, Wickliffe, OH 
  3. Bring with you: 
    1. Valid driver’s license
    2. Vehicle proof of ownership (vehicle title or memorandum title)
  4. After you receive the tow release, you may proceed to 3S Towing located at 29090 Anderson, Wickliffe; 440-347-9560. 
    1. Hours of operation: Monday through Friday 8 am to 6:30 pm, Saturday 8 am to 4:30 pm
    2. Cost of tow is $90 and $15 per day for storage
    3. Motorcycle tows $150; motorcycle indoor storage $25 per day
    4. All tows and storage fees must be paid in cash
  5. You will be required to pay the tow bill and any fees associated with the tow. All fees are set by 3S Towing.
  6. If your vehicle was towed for unpaid parking tickets, delinquent parking tickets must be paid in full before your vehicle will be released.

Show All Answers

1. How do I get an impounded vehicle released?
2. What are the rules for parking in Wickliffe?
3. What are the fines for parking violations?
4. Can I park on the street all night?
5. How do I file a police report?
6. Who is the city prosecutor and how do I get ahold of her?
7. What time is curfew for minors?
8. What are the hours for lawn cutting and other related noises?
9. There is an injured animal in my yard. Can the police department help?
10. Are dogs allowed to run loose in the neighborhood or the city parks?
11. I found a lost dog. What should I do?
12. My neighbor’s dog barks early in the morning and their kids play basketball in the driveway until late at night. What are the permitted times for these activities?
13. Should I call the police department to let them know my electricity or cable is out or when the sewer backs up during a storm?
14. How do I request a copy of an accident or incident report?
15. Where do I call to report a suspected drug house?
16. How do I register a surveillance camera?
17. Where can I get my fingerprints taken for an employment background check?
18. Can you tell me if I have an active warrant?
19. I have a compliment or concern about a police department employee.
20. We will be going on vacation and would like a house check. Is that possible?
21. What are the child safety seat tips and laws?
22. Does the police or fire department personnel install child car seats?
23. How do I obtain a bike license?
24. I just felt a small earthquake tremor, what should I do?
25. Who do I call to report a malfunctioning traffic signal?
26. What time are the fireworks?
27. Where can I drop off old prescription medications?
28. Where is the police department located?
29. Are consumer grade fireworks permitted in Wickliffe?
30. What is the penalty for shooting off fireworks?